ABOUT BRANSON AIRPORT
LOW-COST AIR SERVICE TO BRANSON IS HERE
As the first privately-financed and operated commercial airport in the United States, Branson
Airport has the potential to redefine air travel in this country. Branson Airport LLC is introducing
an innovative business model that focuses on creating a better travel experience.
- Unique business model. As a private enterprise, Branson Airport can do things municipal airports
cannot. For example, it is able to offer exclusivity to airlines and vendors and develop unconventional
revenue streams, such as offering naming rights and other sponsorship opportunities. It will also operate
its own affinity program to attract air travelers to Branson.
- Demand. Branson currently attracts more than 8 million travelers a year. Of those, 5.4 million travel
from beyond 300 miles. By offering low-cost flights from large U.S. cities, the airport is positioned to
propel tourism and revenue to the next level and become the front porch of Branson for millions of would-be
- Better experience. As a profit-driven operation, Branson Airport has more incentive to treat its customers
better. The arrival and departure experience will be infused with warmth, hospitality and concierge-like customer
service. For example, associates will be on site to help arriving passengers customize their Branson experience.
Travelers returning rental cars never even touch their bags. They step out of their cars, a porter picks up their
luggage, hands them their boarding pass and they walk directly into the terminal.
Runway & Facilities
- Single 7,140-foot-long, 150-foot-wide runway with partial taxiway and Class D airspace
- 58,000 square ft. terminal that will ultimately have capacity to handle more than 1 million enplanements annually
- A general aviation facility to handle corporate and general aviation aircraft, includes hangar facilities for based aircraft
- ILS approach to Runway 32 and GPS approaches with vertical guidance to Runway 14 and 32, AWOS
- Jet A, 100LL and deicing facilities
- Complete auto rental and ground transportation capabilities
- 922-acre project located in Taney County, Mo., approximately 8 miles south of the center of Branson
- Total project cost is $140 million
- Currently $26.5 million in private equity; $114 million in bonds
- The airport is expanding the scope of the project to meet additional demand