Cleared for Take-Off
Below are some of the project’s major milestones:
- May 11, 2009 — Branson Airport’s first commercial flight, Sun Country Airlines flight SY509 from Minneapolis/St. Paul, touched down at 9:00 AM followed at 11:55 AM by AirTran Airway’s flight 1582 from Milwaukee.
- March 17, 2009 — Sun Country Airlines announces Dallas/Ft. Worth as second destination from Branson.
- March 10, 2009 — Sun Country Airlines announced as second carrier to serve Branson from Minneapolis.
- December 18, 2008 — Enterprise Rent-A-Car named as Branson Airport’s rental car provider.
- December 11, 2008 — AirTran Airways announced as first carrier to serve Branson daily from Atlanta, GA.
- May 2008 — Terminal building contract awarded to DeWitt & Associates, Inc.
- April 2008 — Airfield paving begins.
- February 11, 2008 — AirTran Airways announces Milwaukee, WI as their second destination from Branson.
- October 2007 — Jeff Bourk comes on board as Executive Director of the Airport.
- July 2007 — McAninch Construction begins the earthwork portion of the Branson Airport project.
- June 2007 — $113 million in revenue bonds secured.
- 2007 — Master plan revised to include updated terminal design, FBO facility, rental car facility and corporate hangars.
- 2006 — Terminal design updated.
- 2003 — Master plan developed and economic impact study completed.
- 2002 — Branson Airport LLC established.